Tuesday, July 22, 2008

"Eye" have Problems

We were about to leave out for my in-laws for 4th of July celebrations, when Princess just up and poked herself in the eye.

We're not sure if it was an accident, or curiosity. But she stood there, poked herself in the eye, and then started whining. She even owned up to doing it herself. [She usually blames everything on her brother]

I checked her eye and it looked fine, so we hopped on in This Old Truck and headed out for a 3 hour drive.

Princess's eye would be fine for a while, then she'd cry for a while. We did everything we could to keep her from rubbing it, to no avail. She finally fell asleep and slept around half the way up there.

We had my MIL meet us in the town before we get to her house, where Princess and I got in the car with her, and Hubby and LittleMan went on to her house.

We took her to the clinic, and they told us to take her to the eye doctor. With it being July 3rd, both the eye doctors in the town were closed for the rest of the week.

We ended up at the Emergency room. It took hours, of course, to get in to see the doctor. It was worth it though, to end my baby's pain.

They didn't think she had a scratch, which is what we feared. But to be certain, they would have to stick her eye and numb it, then put dye in it. She was already hysterical, because she doesn't like to go to the doctor, so they decided to give us a prescription for some eye drops [which btw, were terribly expensive!!!] and some eye patches and told us to come back in 24 hours if that didn't fix it.

Thank God it worked!!! I was to put one drop in her eye every 3 hours. Well I got 3 drops into her eye that day, and then she went to bed for the night. The next morning, all was well!!!

And no I didn't get any pictures of her with the eye patch on, but I think my MIL did, lol.


Daphne

0 comments: