Thursday, November 15, 2007

Weird Day

I found this movie "Spirit, Stallion of the Cimarron" at a variety store over the weekend. It was used, but in great condition and it was only $3.50. My kids are horse freaks, so I thought this would be perfect for them. Especially my Princess, who is 2 years old and stays home with Mommy all day.
I haven't noticed this with any other movie, and thought it was quite cute the first time it happen when watching the movie. If you haven't seen this cartoon, the "4 legged" humans get pretty mean throughout the film. The first time I watched it, I teared up. But then, I cry everytime I watch "A Baby Story".
But Princess, who will not sit and watch a whole movie, sat .... and watched the movie. I remember looking over at her when I started tearing up and noticed she was tearing up also. She looked back at me, next thing I knew she was crying her little heart out. I rushed over to her and held her. She looked up at me and said, "mean". Then she pointed at the men on the show and said "Bad". I almost cried just listening to the emotion coming out of my baby! I never before had seen her act like this about ..... well, anything!
I told my hubby about it and he wanted to watch it, so we rewatched it that night. She again, whined a bit, but finished the movie without any tears.
So .... today, she asked to watch it again. I didn't see why not. But .. I didn't forsee what was about to happen. This time, she cryed, Very loudly, through almost the entire movie! She wouldn't let me turn it off. Every time I did turn it off, she screamed even louder! So I let her finish watching it.
It has me wondering quite a bit. Should I let her watch it again? I think I will hide it for a little while and see if she asks for the horse movie.
It was touching to see her so concerned for this animal in the cartoon. I know she will be a compassionate and caring woman when she grows up.

0 comments: