Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Celebrating Thanksgiving

It happens every year. We finally make it through the holidays, and can breathe! Next thing ya know, it's that time again! It gets here so fast, and goes by even faster!

Thanksgiving is only 8 days away! Although Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, I always dread the traveling, traffic & bouncing from house to house for visiting different parts of the family. I hardly get to enjoy the holiday!

This year we are leaving Thanksgiving morning and heading to my Grandmother's house where we usually spend Thanksgiving Day. I am the oldest of only 4 grandchildren and my 2 kids are the only grandchildren for my Mother, and the only great-grandchildren for my Grandparents. Time with us is the one of the best things about holidays for them. It only makes sense to me to spend the actual *Thanksgiving Day* with them.

{My husband's parents are both remarried and he has a total of 7 brothers & sisters, not including spouses}

After a couple days, we head over to my husband's Mom & Step-dad's house, where we have lots of brothers & sisters & nieces & nephews & cousins, etc. We spend the remaining time there until it's time to head back home.

Then it's time to get my son ready to go back to school the next day, and my husband to go back to work. Holiday Over.

1 comments:

Rachel said...

YIKES!
Sounds crazy. We'll leave the day before thanksgiving and cut the 5 hour drive in half. Lots of fun with the (will be 4 on Sunday) and the 1 year old. God Bless the in car DVD system!! LOL!!!!
Have a beautiful and fun filled Thanskgiving!