Friday, May 9, 2008

Spending our Economic Stimulus $$

*We used some of our Economic Stimulus money to buy both the kids a twin size bed.

LittleMan has been sleeping on a queen size for years, because we do not have a guestroom and we need somewhere for our family to sleep when they visit. We are putting the queen bed in the office/family room where we have our exercise equipment, computer, schoolwork table, some of the kids toys, tv, etc. {We're going to have to shift things around though.}

Princess has been sleeping on a toddler bed. When she can. The crib mattresses are just not comfortable. I don't blame her for coming into our bedroom to sleep. Sometimes I even find she's moved to the couch in the middle of the night.

Anyhoo, we've been discussing when to buy them for a while. The time seemed right and for less than $500, we got both the kids frames, mattress sets, and comforter sets, with 2 sets of sheets.

I was pretty proud of the comforter sets I picked out too!

I will be posting before/after pics later when I get the bedding out of the dryer and on the beds!


*We put about $550 towards our bills, barely catching us back up. The week LittleMan went to the dentist twice and both the kids had to go to the doctor with strep throat and fill their medications, all happen in the same week.


*The rest of the money is being held, mainly in case something happens and we need it.


I really would like to follow some of my fellow bloggers in their quest to live debt-free. But right now, we're just trying to stay afloat and have food in the fridge. Hopefully soon, I will be back in the workforce and can contribute to the family income. Then we can start paying off our snowball of debt. Until that does happen, I'd be happy to get all the bills paid on time, plenty of groceries in the house, and not be completely broke in the process. I need to be more frugal, maybe even become a tightwad for a while... it's hard when you get used to spending what you want, and then things change. It's hard to stop wanting to buy things. I guess this paragraph really should have been in a separate post, lol. But it took a few things off my mind and got it down on paper, which makes me feel better and makes me feel like I can really do something about it. =)

0 comments: