Monday, June 2, 2008

Taste vs. Price

With today's prices on food, I tend to buy everything I can, generic. There usually isn't much of a difference, if any, to the taste versus the name brands. In some cases, the generic tastes even better than the name brand.

There are certain items, though, that I (have tried the generic, but) will not compromise. There's no since in buying the generic if you do not like the taste. It's a waste of money if you do not use the product.

Items I only buy name-brand.
Such as:

-Orville Redenbacher Popcorn - No other popcorn taste anywhere near as good. I will not buy any other brand.

-Dr. Pepper vs. Dr. Thunder - I will never again buy Dr. Thunder. It gave me a terrible bladder infection.

-Velveeta Shells & Cheese - I bought the off brand about a week ago. It tasted like oil.

-Country Crock margarine - Nothing tastes like it

-Ore-Ida French fries - they've never been soggy like generic

-Certain condiments; A1, Hunts BBQ sauce


Then there's the products that I prefer to buy generic;

-No-stick canola spray/cooking spray

-Cereal

-Milk

-Bread

-Shredded cheese

-cookies

-certain condiments; ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise




0 comments: