Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My first stab at French Toast

Growing up, French Toast was one of my favorites. I remember watching my Granny make the egg dip, dip the bread, and then ... French Toast!
I've been wanting to make some for a while, but all the recipes I've found that sounded good, were over-night French Toast. I've never remembered to do it all up the night before, so I've never made it.
While browsing over at Organized Mom, I stumbled upon this recipe for French Toast and tried it this morning. It was scrumptious! [Next time, though, I will leave the cinnamon out, as I don't like cinnamon all that much, it dries my mouth out.]


French Toast
4 slices of Bread
2 Eggs
1/2 Tsp. Vanilla
2 pinches of Sugar
A Few Shakes of Ground Cinnamon
2 Tbsp. Milk

Mix ingredients
Coat bread in mixture, and placed on buttered pan until slightly brown.


2 comments:

Dixie said...

Sounds yummy!

Anonymous said...

I hate to tell you this and make you think that granny spent time coming up with a great french toast recipe. But all she did was mix bout a 1/2 to a cup of milk (depending on how many she was making) and a couple of eggs, together then dipped and flipped the bread, then to the skillet it went.Any toppings went on after it was cooked. (cinn, or sugar)